In this article, we have given a overview about the iDRAC configuration utility.
To configure your system to use an iDRAC6, use the iDRAC6 Configuration Utility.
To run the iDRAC6 Configuration Utility:
- Turn on or restart your system.
- Press <Ctrl><E> when prompted during POST.
If your operating system begins to load before you press <Ctrl><E>, allow the system to finish booting, and then restart your system and try again.
Configure the LOM:
- Use the arrow keys to select LAN Parameters and press <Enter>. NIC Selection is displayed.
- Use the arrow keys to select the following NIC mode: Dedicated
- Configure the network controller LAN parameters to use a Static IP address source.
- Using the down-arrow key, select LAN Parameters, and press <Enter>.
- Using the up-arrow and down-arrow keys, select IP Address Source.
- Using the right-arrow and left-arrow keys, select Static.
- Configure the Ethernet IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway settings
- Press <Esc>
- Select Save Changes and Exit.